Friday 14 December 2007

Friday's Training Session in Grafton












After a stormy, steamy hot night Grafton cleared to a beautiful sunny day around 30 degrees. Pete Hughes had the girls up at 6 a.m. fired up for a days training. It started on The Clarence with the girls putting their crews through some paces. Russell's car had an unexpected visitor - a Huntsman Spider, they are harmless just big and scary. This one was the size of Russell's 4WD wing mirror.
I had to duck into town to get my tyres fixed as I had a "Bulging Tyre" - (this is not the first time ha ha ha) and had to replace two tyres so it would be safe to drive home - 700kms. While my tyres were getting fixed I bought a fan for my room - which all the other parents hassell me but all wanted to use it. Not only did it keep me cool but kept the mosquitoes from biting me as well. I also started getting sick and lost my voice today - but I kept going on!
After the morning session on the water, Pete took the girls to a beach for a bit of training and relaxing but the girls were soon back to camp as some of the senior girl's are study for their exams.
No rest for the wicked by about 4 p.m. Pete had the girl's back on The Clarence for some more last minute training before the Regatta tomorrow. While the girl's trained the Parent's prepared their dinner.
The girls were all fast asleep by 9 p.m. - can't imagine why!

No comments: